We would like to provide members of the DHA with the most up-to-date information on work relating to the field of Disability History, and your assistance is needed. There are two ways to help contribute:
- use social media to tweet/message the DHA directly with citation information
- fill out the form below
These will become part of a larger resource, useful for planning syllabi and developing your own scholarship.Please select a valid form
Naomi Baker. Plain Ugly: The Unattractive Body in Early Modern Culture. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2010. 270 pp. $80.00 (cloth), ISBN 978-0-7190-6874-4.
Reviewed by Patrick M. Schmidt (Universität Rostock)
Published on H-Disability (August, 2016)
Commissioned by Iain C. Hutchison
Membership dues help to support the organization’s activities and goal of promoting the study of the history of disability. To join the Disability History Association, dues may be paidby credit card through PayPal.com, or you may send a check or money order (made payable to the Disability History Association).
A one-year (January 1 to December 31) individual membership in the Disability History Association is thirty ($30 U.S.) dollars. We offer a student/low or fixed income membership of fifteen ($15 U.S.) dollars per year. The DHA also offers institutional memberships at the rate of one hundred ($100 U.S.) dollars per year, and lifetime memberships for five hundred ($500) dollars.
The newsletter includes:
- A message from Editor, Penny Richards
- Calls for Papers regarding;
- Disability, Work and Representation: New Perspectives Special Issue: Disability Studies Quarterly (Fall 2017)
- On the DL: Athletes, Athletics, and Disability (edited collection, proposals due July 31, 2016)
- Making Modern Disability: Histories of Disability, Design, and Technology
- DISABILITY AS SPECTACLE: APRIL 13-14, 2017
- Disability and Illness in Children’s Literature
- Disability & Society Learning from the Past: Building the Future
- Upcoming Conferences, May 2016- April 2017